We have 4 camping areas: General, Pre-Pitched Glamping, Disabled, Campervan / Caravans.
All pitches on the campsite must be pre-booked.
Tents / Campervans / Caravans / Live-in Vehicles must have pre-purchased a festival campsite pitch relative to their tent or vehicle type. Parking for one vehicle is included with the purchase of a festival campsite pitch.
Those who have booked to go into Disabled Camping (including carers, friends and relatives) will be directed to the Disabled camping area by our campsite volunteers on arrival.
Please Note: disabled camping and disabled car parking spaces need to be booked in advance. Please include details on your Access Requirements Form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
On the weekend of the festival campsite pitches are allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
- FESTIVAL CAMPSITE OPENING TIMES : Friday 9am – Monday 12 noon.
- Adequate toilet and hot shower facilities are provided as part of the camping ticket.
- Pre-pitched Boutique camping:- Please see below for more details. You need to book your festival tickets with us and then boutique camping is booked separately with the provider.
- Camping is available to weekend festival ticket holders only.
- You must purchase a festival campsite pitch for each structure you wish to erect (not per person)
- For safety reasons caravans, motorhomes, campervans and trailer tents will have a separate area of the campsite but all camping will be in close proximity to facilities and the main festival site.
- One vehicle per tent pitch or one a towing vehicle for caravans, will be permitted to park within each camping pitch but overnight movement restrictions will be in place. Any additional vehicles will need to park in the festival car park, please see the Car Parking section for information.
- Pets (except sight/hearing assistance dogs) are NOT allowed on the campsite or the main festival site.
- We are unable to offer electric hook-up facilities.
- An Elsan waste disposal unit will be provided.
- Due to Fire Officer recommendations, awnings or canopies must not link tents. We recommend the use of flame retardant tents.
- Open Fires (inc barbeques, all solid fuel and liquid fuel based fires) are strictly prohibited throughout the festival site and campsite.
- Responsible and correct use of Camping Gaz™ equipment is permitted on the festival campsite only.
Boutique pre-pitched camping by GLAMPIT now on sale
“Luxury Camping?” – A true oxymoron to some, to us it’s the dream marriage of nature and simple living.
Allow Lee and Christina, from local company Glampit, to arrange all your festival camping needs. Their boutique bell tents are just a stone’s throw away from all the action at Underneath the Stars Festival in our secluded luxury camping area.
Glampit is born out of a love for the outdoors, as well as a taste for the finer things in life. They offer luxury accommodation for hire with everything you could want for an ultimate hassle free festival experience whether it’s an action packed weekend with the kids or a romantic retreat for two.
Prices start at £300 for a two person package.
For those looking for solid walls there are numerous good quality local hostelries to suit a range of budgets. Our friends at Visit Penistone have compiled an informative website which is a great resource for general visitor information. Their accommodation page has listings for a variety of Hotels, B&Bs and self catering businesses near to the festival site.
Click here to start your search.