- Bands begin around 14:00 Friday and 12:00 Saturday & Sunday and finish around 23:00 each night.
- It can be very hot in the August sun during the day, remember to bring suncream for you and the family as well as hats and parasols for shade.
- It can get cold at night so remember to bring warm coats, sleeping bags, extra blankets (if you’re a bit nesh) and air beds to insulate you from the ground.
- There is a basic camping supplies shop on the main festival site for all those vital bits and pieces – such as tent pegs – you forgot.
Thank you for loving our wonderful new site as much as we do!
We are excited about continuing to work with the Barr family at Cinderhill Farm, Cawthorne near Barnsley –
Cinderhill Farm is a beautiful and cozy little piece of rural Yorkshire and we are very much at home.
See you all there Stargazers!
- Tickets for 2019 Underneath the Stars Festival will be available SOON. Click here to buy tickets
- Tickets of all types are limited in number and sold on a first-come first-served basis.
- PHYSICAL TICKETS ARE NOT SENT IN THE POST, you will receive a confirmation email with your order number shortly after you pay for your tickets (if you do not receive an email please check your spam folder before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org). Please keep this safe and bring it to the festival site.
- On arrival each E-ticket order number must be exchanged for a wristband.
- Wristbands must be worn at all times and cannot be exchanged, transferred, re-sold, or re-issued.
- If you wish to camp at the festival you must purchase a full weekend ticket and also purchase a festival campsite pitch.
- Tier 1 tickets are the lowest price possible and therefore do not have a concessionary rate.
- Tiers 2 and 3, concessionary tickets are available to: Full-time Students, Over 60s and ESA recipients.
Wristband exchange and Box office hours
Friday 09:30 to 23:00
Saturday 09:30 to 23:00
Sunday 09:30 to 23:00
- Campsite and Car park opens at 09:00 Friday morning.
- The Festival site opens at 10:30 Friday morning.
- Workshops and family activities will commence at approximately 13:00 on Friday.
- Main-stage music will begin at approximately 14:00 Friday and finish at 23:00 on Sunday.
- We request that campers de-camp and leave the campsite by 12:00 on the Monday following the festival.
- Please note: Outside the Box Office and Wristband Exchange hours you will be allowed into the car park but not into the festival.
We want Underneath the Stars Festival to be as accessible as possible. To do this, we have teamed up with Callum from All In to make sure we cater for our entire audience and remove barriers to access wherever possible. If you have any questions or queries (concerns too!) about access at Underneath the Stars send Callum an email at email@example.com
- All information provided by Underneath the Stars is available in alternate formats, please get in touch with Callum (see above) and he will arrange this.
- We run the festival on a green-field festival site which is relatively flat and some areas have uneaven roadway. [Detailed site description in production, any specific questions please get in touch with Callum]
- We offer free Personal Assistant (PA) Tickets for Underneath the Stars Festival. You are eligible automatically for these if you can provide:
- Front page of DLA / PIP (no specific rate required)
- Front page of Attendance Allowance letter (no specific rate required)
- Evidence that registered severely sight impaired (blind)
- Recognised Assistance Dog ID card
To request a PA Ticket, book your other tickets as usual. Please then fill in the Access Requirements Form and include your Booking Number.
When your application has been assessed, we will send you a code to redeem your PA Ticket through the ticket store.
- Car parking space (situated close to performance venues) is reserved for Blue Badge holders. Please book a space on the Access Requirements Form
- We have an accessible camping area which is situated close to the facilities and the main festival site. Please book a space on the Access Requirements Form
- Stewards are positioned throughout the festival site and will assist where they can if necessary. All stewards will receive training on diversity and inclusion, with a focus on how barriers to access affect festival audiences. Callum will be onsite throughout the festival to resolve any issues, or go through any concerns.
- Accessible toilets will be available throughout the site, and clearly signed.
- Access Dogs are welcome on site. Water bowls and ‘spending areas’ will be provided and signposted. Please get in touch for further information.
- Strobe lighting may be used as part of some performances. This will be made clear in the programme, signposted on the entrance to the venue concerned as well as announced in the minutes before the performance begins.
Before the Festival, and during it, it’s Callum’s job to take access seriously. Because by taking access seriously, we build a festival for more people. And we remove barriers for more people.
Underneath the Stars is about great music, arts and food – for everyone.
We have 4 camping areas; General Camping, Pre-Pitched Luxury Camping, Accessible Camping, Live-in vehicles.
All pitches on the campsite must be pre-booked.
Tents / Campervans / Caravans / Live-in Vehicles must have pre-purchased a festival campsite pitch relative to their tent or vehicle type. Parking for one vehicle is included with the purchase of a festival campsite pitch.
Those who have booked to go into Accessible Camping (including carers, friends and relatives) will be directed to the Accessible camping area by our campsite volunteers.
Please Note: Accessible Camping and car parking spaces need to be booked in advance. Please include details on your Access Requirements Form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
On the weekend of the festival, campsite pitches are allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
- FESTIVAL CAMPSITE OPENING TIMES : Friday 09:00 – Monday 12:00.
- Adequate toilet and hot shower facilities are provided as part of the camping ticket.
- Pre-pitched Luxury Camping:- Please keep an eye out on the website for more details or follow us on social media for announcements on how and when to book. You can still book your festival tickets in advance and then book your Luxury Camping pitch later as these are entirely separate booking processes.
- Camping is available to weekend festival ticket holders only.
- You must purchase a festival campsite pitch for each structure you wish to erect (not per person)
- For safety reasons caravans, motorhomes, campervans and trailer tents will have a separate area of the campsite but all camping will be in close proximity to facilities and the main festival site.
- One vehicle per tent pitch or one a towing vehicle for caravans, will be permitted to park within each camping pitch but overnight movement restrictions will be in place. Any additional vehicles will be required to park in the festival car park, please see the Car Parking section for information.
- Pets (except sight/hearing assistance dogs) are NOT allowed on the campsite or the main festival site.
- We are unable to offer electric hook-up facilities.
- An Elsan waste disposal unit will be provided.
- Due to Fire Officer recommendations, awnings or canopies must not link tents. We recommend the use of flame retardant tents.
- Open Fires (inc barbeques, all solid fuel and liquid fuel based fires) are strictly prohibited throughout the festival site and campsite.
- Responsible and correct use of Camping Gaz equipment is permitted on the festival campsite only.
Hotel, B&B, Self-catering
For those looking for solid walls there are numerous good quality local hostelries to suit a range of budgets. More information on Hotels, B&Bs and self catering businesses near to the festival site will be updated soon.
- You benefit from a discount if you pre-book your car park pass via the festival website, £5 vs £10 on the gate. Please have cash ready and only pay our official stewards. It’s a once-only charge – you can come and go freely thereafter. Vehicles are permitted onto the campsite and parking for one vehicle is included with the purchase of a festival campsite pitch.
Street food vendors will be serving quality food on the main arena site all weekend from Friday lunchtime until late on Sunday. Please do support the festival by eating at these fantastic outlets, all hand picked for their creativity, quality ingredients and value for money.
Please do consider where you shop and support our local businesses rather than leaving site for the big supermarket chains.
The Festival bar will be offering a range of quality, local real ales, ciders, wines and spirits at reasonable prices. We strive to offer the best quality and the best prices at our onsite bar. It would be a great help to the festival if you enjoy the wares our bar has to offer as it is another important source of income for our event. Any profits made from the bar go back into developing the festival for future years.
- UTSf takes place on a working dairy farm and therefore glass bottles are not permitted on site.
- Customers may not bring their own alcohol into main arena and should use the bars provided.
- Customers may bring their own alcohol onto the campsite, in reasonable quantities, but are reminded of the no glass rule.
- Customers found with excessive amounts of alcohol may have their alcohol confiscated.
- In accordance with the law, SMOKING is not permitted within marquees or other substantially enclosed public spaces.
- Any person carrying illegal items or carrying out illegal activity will be refused entry and maybe handed over to the Police.
- The festival operates a challenge 25 policy on all alcohol sales. Please consume alcohol responsibly. Anyone on the festival site who is deemed too intoxicated by festival staff will be removed from site.
- NO ANIMALS are allowed on the festival site, car parks or campsite except assistance dogs.
- Open Fires (inc barbeques, all solid fuel and liquid fuel based fires) are strictly prohibited throughout the festival site and campsite. Responsible and correct use of Camping Gaz™ equipment is permitted on the festival campsite only, details of this can be found in the campsite rules which are issued on arrival.
- All under 18s must be accompanied by a paying ticket holder, parent or guardian who is over 18 years old.
- Please use the bins and recycling points provided on and off site.
- Please respect your fellow stargazers, do not make a lot of noise in the campsite.
- Guests own chairs & furniture – except accessibility equipment – are not permitted in any of the festival marquee venues.
- The main First Aid Tent is located at the main entrance to the festival site.
- Lost property will held at the box office for the duration of the festival. Should you be searching for items after the festival has ended, please email email@example.com with a description of your item(s) and we will do our best to re-unite you with your item(s).
- The festival operates a challenge 25 policy on all alcohol sales. Please consume alcohol responsibly.
- There are no cash machines on-site but our box office and some caterers & traders do accept card payment via portable card machines.
- Don’t leave valuables unattended in your tent. During the night, keep them in an inaccessible place such as the bottom of your sleeping bag.
- Put your phone number on your child’s wristband. Do not write your’s or your child’s name on their wristband.
- Exposure to loud noise can damage your hearing. Do come prepared with well-fitting ear protection for you and your children.
- The festival reserves the right to conduct security searches from time to time and to refuse admission to anyone who refuses to comply with these searches. No refunds will be given if you are refused entry. Thank you in anticipation of your co-operation.
We are massively indebted to our team of hard working volunteers who build the festival, steward the festival and help us all have a safe & marvellous weekend in a multitude of ways. If you are interested in joining the volunteer team please click here for more details.
We consider ourselves extremely bloomin’ lucky to host our festival on such and incredible site with such gorgeous natural surroundings. We endeavour to deliver our event with the least amount of environmental impact as possible. We are collaborating with like minded people and organisations in the event industry such as our partners in the Northern Festival Network and through associations such as the AFO. We are constantly working on and updating every aspect of our festival to develop innovative solutions for key areas such as energy, transport, purchasing, and waste. We hope you will join us in our efforts to ‘leave no trace’ and observe the festival site rules as well as be environmentally conscientious in your actions and choices whilst visiting our festival site.
We think the location of our site is naturally beautiful but if you feel you have something to offer that can enhance that beauty and would like to share it with our audience we would love to hear from you. Any inspiring, exciting, quirky or spectacular outdoor art installations would be a welcome addition to our feast of culture and art.
Installations are mainly provided in return for festival tickets and a feature in the festival programme. However, if the artist definitely needs a contribution towards materials, particularly if it’s a large scale project, please let us know how much so that this can be considered.
Please contact us with your proposal at firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline of 1st April 2018.
Refunds will be given consideration on written request only, received before April 1st and will be subject to a 25% administration charge. email@example.com – Underneath the Stars Festival, PO Box 174, SHEFFIELD, S36 8XB UK