- Bands begin around 14:00 Friday and 12:00 Saturday & Sunday and finish around 23:00 each night.
- It can be very hot in the August sun during the day, remember to bring suncream for you and the family as well as hats and parasols for shade.
- It can get cold at night so remember to bring warm coats, sleeping bags, extra blankets (if you’re a bit nesh) and air beds to insulate you from the ground.
We are excited about continuing to work with the Barr family at Cinderhill Farm, Cawthorne near Barnsley.
Cinderhill Farm is a beautiful and cozy little piece of rural Yorkshire and we are very much at home.
See you all in 2020 stargazers!
- Tickets for 2020 Underneath the Stars Festival are now on sale via our tickets page.
- Tickets of all types are limited in number and sold on a first-come first-served basis.
- PHYSICAL TICKETS ARE NOT SENT IN THE POST, you will receive a confirmation email with your order number shortly after you pay for your tickets (if you do not receive an email please check your spam folder before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org). Please keep this safe and bring it to the festival site by either printing or on your phone.
- On arrival each E-ticket order number must be exchanged for a wristband.
- Wristbands must be worn at all times and cannot be exchanged, transferred, re-sold, or re-issued.
- If you wish to camp at the festival, you must purchase a full weekend ticket and also purchase a festival campsite pitch.
- Super Early Bird tickets are the lowest price possible and therefore do not have a concessionary rate.
- Early Bird and Standard: Concessionary tickets are available to full-time students, over 60s and ESA recipients.
We are EXCITED to let you know that we’ll be opening the campsite on Thursday evening between 5pm – 9pm. Get away from the Friday morning rush & settle in early.
The Thursday upgrade will be limited in number. Book this upgrade with your tickets. Price will be stated on the ticket page.
Opening times for weekend of the 2020 festival are TBC.
We have 4 camping areas; General Camping, Pre-Pitched Luxury Camping, Accessible Camping, Live-in vehicles.
All pitches on the campsite must be pre-booked.
Tents / Campervans / Caravans / Live-in Vehicles must have pre-purchased a festival campsite pitch relative to their tent or vehicle type. Parking for one vehicle is included with the purchase of a festival campsite pitch.
Those who have booked to go into Accessible Camping (including carers, friends and relatives) will be directed to the Accessible camping area by our campsite volunteers.
Please Note: Accessible Camping and accessible car parking spaces need to be booked in advance. Please include details on your Access Requirements Form or contact email@example.com
On the weekend of the festival, campsite pitches are allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
- FESTIVAL CAMPSITE OPENING TIMES: Friday 9am – Monday 12 noon, although, new for 2020, a limited number of Thursday camping upgrades are being made available to weekend ticket holders.
- Adequate toilet and hot shower facilities are provided as part of the camping ticket.
- Pre-pitched Luxury Camping:- Please keep an eye out on the website for more details or follow us on social media for announcements on how and when to book. You can still book your festival tickets in advance and then book your Luxury Camping pitch later as these are entirely separate booking processes.
- Camping is available to weekend festival ticket holders only.
- You must purchase a festival campsite pitch for each structure you wish to erect (not per person)
- For safety reasons caravans, motorhomes, campervans and trailer tents will have a separate area of the campsite but all camping will be in close proximity to facilities and the main festival site.
- One vehicle per tent pitch or one towing vehicle for caravans, will be permitted to park within each camping pitch. Overnight movement restrictions will be in place. Any additional vehicles will be required to park in the festival car park, please see the Car Parking section for information.
- Pets (except sight/hearing assistance dogs) are NOT allowed on the campsite or the main festival site.
- We are unable to offer electric hook-up facilities.
- An Elsan waste disposal unit will be provided.
- Due to Fire Officer recommendations, awnings or canopies must not link tents. We recommend the use of flame retardant tents.
- Open Fires (inc barbeques, all solid fuel and liquid fuel based fires) are strictly prohibited throughout the festival site and campsite.
- Responsible and correct use of Camping Gaz equipment is permitted on the festival campsite only.
Hotel, B&B, Self-catering
For those looking for solid walls there are numerous good quality local hostelries to suit a range of budgets. More information on Hotels, B&Bs and self catering businesses near to the festival site will be updated soon.
Car parking for 2020 will be charged at £6 for the day and £15 for the full weekend. Please ensure you purchase your camping space at the time of booking your tickets. Vehicles are permitted onto the campsite and parking for one vehicle is included with the purchase of a festival campsite pitch.
Vehicle Passes for Accessible Camping and Car Parking will be distributed in advance of the festival.
All other vehicle passes will be issued as you enter the Festival site.
Street food vendors will be serving quality food on the main arena site all weekend. Please do support the festival by eating at these fantastic outlets, all hand picked for their creativity, quality ingredients and value for money.
Please do consider where you shop and support our local businesses rather than leaving site for the big supermarket chains.
The Festival bar will be offering a range of quality, local real ales, ciders, wines and spirits at reasonable prices. We strive to offer the best quality and the best prices at our onsite bar. It would be a great help to the festival if you enjoy the wares our bar has to offer as it is another important source of income for our event. Any profits made from the bar go back into developing the festival for future years.
Please note: No alcohol is allowed onsite and we operate a strict no glass policy.
- UTSf takes place on a working dairy farm and therefore glass bottles are not permitted on site.
- Customers may not bring their own alcohol into main arena and should use the bars provided.
- Customers may bring their own alcohol onto the campsite, in reasonable quantities, but are reminded of the no glass rule.
- Customers found with excessive amounts of alcohol may have their alcohol confiscated.
- In accordance with the law, SMOKING is not permitted within marquees or other substantially enclosed public spaces.
- Any person carrying illegal items or carrying out illegal activity will be refused entry and maybe handed over to the Police.
- The festival operates a challenge 25 policy on all alcohol sales. Please consume alcohol responsibly. Anyone on the festival site who is deemed too intoxicated by festival staff will be removed from site.
- NO ANIMALS are allowed on the festival site, car parks or campsite except assistance dogs.
- Open Fires (inc barbecues, all solid fuel and liquid fuel based fires) are strictly prohibited throughout the festival site and campsite. Responsible and correct use of Camping Gaz™ equipment is permitted on the festival campsite only, details of this can be found in the campsite rules which are issued on arrival.
- All under 18s must be accompanied by a paying ticket holder, parent or guardian who is over 18 years old.
- Please use the bins and recycling points provided on and off site.
- Please respect your fellow stargazers, do not make a lot of noise in the campsite.
- Guests own chairs & furniture – except accessibility equipment – are not permitted in any of the festival marquee venues.
- The main First Aid Tent is located at the main entrance to the festival site.
- Lost property will be held at the Information Point for the duration of the festival. Should you be searching for items after the festival has ended, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your item(s) and we will do our best to re-unite you with your item(s).
- The festival operates a challenge 25 policy on all alcohol sales. Please consume alcohol responsibly.
- There are no cash machines on-site, but our box office and some caterers & traders do accept card payment via portable card machines. The post office is a short walk up the footpath into the village and offers a cash back service.
- Don’t leave valuables unattended in your tent. During the night, keep them in an inaccessible place such as the bottom of your sleeping bag.
- Put your phone number on your child’s wristband. Do not write your’s or your child’s name on their wristband.
- Exposure to loud noise can damage your hearing. Do come prepared with well-fitting ear protection for you and your children if you deem necessary.
- The festival reserves the right to conduct security searches from time to time and to refuse admission to anyone who refuses to comply with these searches. No refunds will be given if you are refused entry. Thank you in anticipation of your co-operation.
Volunteer applications are now being accepted, please go to our volunteer page.
We are massively indebted to our team of hard working volunteers who build the festival, steward the festival and help us all have a safe & marvellous weekend in a multitude of ways. If you are interested in joining the volunteer team, you can find out more here.
We consider ourselves extremely bloomin’ lucky to host our festival on such and incredible site with such gorgeous natural surroundings.
We endeavour to deliver our event with the least amount of environmental impact as possible. We are collaborating with like minded people and organisations in the event industry.
We are constantly working on and updating every aspect of our festival to develop innovative solutions for key areas such as energy, transport, purchasing, and waste. We hope you will join us in our efforts to ‘leave no trace’ and observe the festival site rules as well as be environmentally conscientious in your actions and choices whilst visiting our festival site.
We think the location of our site is naturally beautiful, but if you feel you have something to offer that can enhance that beauty and would like to share it with our audience, we would love to hear from you. Any inspiring, exciting, quirky or spectacular outdoor art installations would be a welcome addition to our feast of culture and art.
Installations are mainly provided in return for festival tickets and a feature in the festival programme. However, if the artist definitely needs a contribution towards materials, particularly if it’s a large scale project, please let us know how much so that this can be considered.
Please contact us with your proposal at email@example.com. Deadline of 1st April 2020.
Refunds will be given consideration on written request only, received before April 1st 2020 and will be subject to a 25% administration charge. firstname.lastname@example.org or Underneath the Stars Festival, PO Box 174, SHEFFIELD, S36 8XB UK